Saturday, May 10, 2014

Lists, lists, lists

I think at this point, any reader knows that I like lists.  I do well with lists.  I'm less likely to forget stuff with lists.

I posted not too long ago about my packing list.

I also like lists while camping.  Before the trip, I list out our meals.  I post the list in the camper, right by the door.  Husband is involved in the decision of what we're eating, but not when we're eating it.  With the list - Voila!  Everyone knows what we're eating and when.

I also keep a magnetic pad of paper on the hood over the stove in the camper.  There is a pencil with a magnet right next to the pad of paper.  I use these to make a list of items that need replenishing before the next camping trip.  On our first trip of the year, I wrote out (of course, in list form):

  • sandwich bags
  • conditioner
  • chapstick
  • ice
I don't always have great cell reception on camping trips.  If I consistently had great coverage, I'd probably stop using the magnetic pad of paper and just add stuff to my shopping list app that I have on my phone.  I love my shopping list app, OutofMilk.  I love that I can organize my list by each aisle at Meijer, though it did take a number of shopping trips to get it set up just right.  The other great thing about this app is that I was able to share it with Husband and he's able to add stuff right to the list.  I've got other shopping lists for other stores through this app, too.

So, now you know, that I love lists and how I make my lists and where I post my lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment