Sunday, August 10, 2014

Gatlinburg Vacation part 5: Cades Cove Loop

This post is the fifth in a series about our vacation to Gatlinburg, Tennessee and the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.  Look for more posts of trip from me, here is Part 4 and Part 6.


Oh beautiful for spacious skies,
For amber waves of grain,
For purple mountain majesties
Above the fruited plain!
America! America! God shed His grace on thee
And crown they good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!

I don't think I've ever had a moment where I saw - no, felt - every fiber of a patriotic song as I did while we were in the Cades Cove Loop.  I saw the purple mountains.  The amber waves of grain.  I felt God's grace.

If I were the song-writing type, I would have been inspired, too.  Instead, I'll just leave you with a photo.


Follow me on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment