Saturday, November 22, 2014

Time to think about Memorial weekend!

The brown November that I wrote about turned into a white November.  It's been cold and snowy here in Michigan.  Winter came early.  Oldest kid has suggested that we get the Christmas decorations out and put away the Thanksgiving and fall decor.  I'm not quite ready to throw in the towel yet. I'll wait a few more days, until after we eat our turkey and mashed potatoes.

What better way is there to spend a snowy Saturday morning than by planning a camping trip?

This year, I promised myself to remember to book Memorial weekend 6 months out.  Usually, I don't think about it until sometime in January and I'm left searching for the best of the left over sites across multiple campgrounds.  I smartened up this year, I put a reminder on my calendar on the date 6 months before Memorial weekend starts, which is today!  Husband and I discussed where we wanted to go beforehand and we had 98% of the campground to choose from when I booked at 7 am this morning (my kids' early-bird tendencies do have some benefits).

So, be a cool camper like me, and book your Memorial trip.

Is it camping season yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment