Tuesday, November 4, 2014

It's November

It's November.  I've been pretty quiet on the blog lately.  This thing called work kept me pretty busy.  Funny how that is.

The camping season is done.  Halloween has passed.  We're hitting the dreary days of brown November.  The colorful leaves are past their peak, what is on the ground are brown leaves.  What are in the trees are brown leaves.  Brown.

Halloween in our area brought snow.  Too early in my opinion.  Of course, I don't get a say.  My kids had winter coats on over their costumes.  I had my winter coat, gloves and my hood on.  I was thankful that my church had an indoor Trunk-or-Treat for the latter part of our evening.  And judging from the record breaking attendance, so were others.

I enjoy fall, I love the colorful leaves.  Halloween is fun for me, even as an adult.  I love apple cider and carving pumpkins.  I don't enjoy the dreaded winter to come, and fall means that to me.

The camper is winterized.  A depressing day, to say the least.  My lists are made for the day I get back into the camper in the spring to restock for Camping Season 2015.  They are sitting on the counter in the camper, waiting for their shining moment, unable to be lost in the months before then (let's face it, they'd get lost in the house).

While the weather is still mostly ok, I've been trying to get my running groove back, extending my distance back to where it was.  At least on my days off.  And maybe clean my house.  Maybe.

I'll share a picture a took from the park down the street that I took last week.  The brilliant yellow of the leaves on the trail made the forest look as if it was glowing.  Running in the glow, how can you not feel rejuvenated in life?


No comments:

Post a Comment