Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Not yet

Is it camping season yet?  Is it camping season yet?

No, not yet.

The snow has melted.  There's a promise of warmer days, but it's not as warm as I'd like.  I see buds on trees, but no flowers yet.  Crocuses are one of my favorites, they're a sign that spring is really coming.  Like pretty much everyone in Michigan, I'm just tired of winter.  I'm ready for walking barefoot on green grass, kids playing outside for hours, the garden growing.  I am also ready for camping.

It's been a long winter.  We've taken a number of day trips, some sledding but not enough because it was waaaaaaay too cold.  I've worked a lot.  On days I don't work, I try to get caught up around the house.  Today, I spent a thrilling few hours scrubbing the grout on my kitchen floor (really, is there anything vinegar can't do?).  The kids have gotten another year older since I started this blog.

I'm in full-on planning mode at this point.  Planning for camping, planning for family stuff.  I think there are a lot of great things happening for our family this year and I'm really looking forward to it.  Since this is a camping blog, I'll just stick to the camping stuff (yeah, yeah, cleaning my kitchen grout isn't exactly camping).  We've got some great trips planned.  We'll be visiting new places - Mohican State Park, Cottonwood in Quincy, and Wolf Run State Park.  We'll be visiting yearly favorites like Sleepy Hollow State Park and Hoffmaster State Park.  We will also hit up preferred campgrounds that we haven't visited in a while, Tawas Point State Park and Maumee Bay State Park.  I know we've got opportunity to travel more weekends, and those will get planned at some point.

I'm looking forward to each of these trips for different reasons.  Time with friends, time with my in-laws, time with just our family.  New sites to see, favorite sites to see, exploring favorites in new ways.

I'd love to know what you're most looking forward to in Camping Season 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment