Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Card Games & Such

I posted about the Board Games in our camper the other day, and our Outdoor Games a while back.  Clearly, I love games.


We have a regular deck of cards in the camper, but I don't think the cellophane is off of it yet.  We could easily play Crazy 8s or Go Fish or whatever.  But Uno, it's a favorite for our family.  Simple, fun.  A way to play and connect with each other.  When we went camping with my in-laws this year, my father-in-law shared that he'd never played the game.  #1 - I was shocked, who hasn't played Uno?  #2 - They went and bought a deck shortly after the trip to play with my nieces visiting from Florida.

Youngest Kid isn't quite there with Phase 10, though she wants to be.  You try to beat your competitors through 10 different phases of card combinations.  It's a longer game, we've been known to pause a game on our score sheet and finish on another day.

Spot It was a gift from those nieces in Florida.  It's a faster paced game, everyone tries to find a match on the same card.  Fun.

I saw the Little Hands Card Holder at Walmart a while back.  Genius.  Little hands need to hold a lot of cards, this helps them out.  Certainly the 10-11 cards in Phase 10 fit in this nicely.  Also if someone gets zinged a lot in Uno.  These were such a hit that we have 2 in the camper and 2 in the house.

I have some more games that I'll post about another day, good travel sized games. Maybe later on, I'll share games that didn't make it into the camper this year (mental note...).  If I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment