Monday, April 21, 2014

Mosquito challenge

As I went for my run this morning, I was struck by the gorgeous, warm weather.  It was about 60 degrees
Running through the woods
while I was out and not quite sunny.  Basically, it was the perfect running weather.  You're probably wondering why I'm writing about the perfect running weather when this is a camping blog.  Well, because perfect running weather also makes for great camping weather.

Yesterday, a friend shared a BuzzFeed post with me about camping.  A lot of times these types of posts are more geared toward a less experienced camper, or the type of camper that backpacks for weeks at a time.  This post left me pleasantly surprised.  There were some good ideas that I want to try (adds duck tape to shopping list).

This list gave a couple of ideas for beating mosquitoes.  Mosquitoes love, LOVE me.  When we go to Sleepy Hollow State Park, I come home just covered in bites.  This list suggests sage in the campfire or Johnson's Baby Creamy Oil.  I've tried numerous products over the years, Deep Woods Off being my go-to.  What do you think is the best way to beat mosquitoes?

I challenge you to tell me your best mosquito repellent.  Tell me something new and I'll try it and blog about my experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment