Monday, July 28, 2014

A Trip Itinerary

A must for a long trip is a good plan.  With our trip to Gatlinburg, I requested information online to give me ideas on what we might want to do.  Within a few weeks, I'd gotten several large envelopes with brochures for all sorts of tourist traps.

About a month before the trip, I spent time on the website for our campground, trying to get useful information (don't trust GPS in the mountains!).  The website also had tips for directions to help us miss traffic in Gatlinburg.

The whole reason for the trip is to explore Smoky Mountain National Park.  I spent a TON of time on that website.  I got more tips for our visit.  I started figuring out what our family would want to do, what we wouldn't want to do.

In my binder, I have:
  • Maps & directions
  • Addresses
  • Daily itinerary for the activities we'll be doing
  • Meals
  • Activities that might also interest us
  • All my planning notes
  • Extra paper

No comments:

Post a Comment