Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Keeping kids entertained on long car rides

A while back, I shared some of my ideas on bins and some car ride activities.  As I'm deep in preparation for Gatlinburg, one of the things I'm working on is making sure my kids keep entertained for both directions for the kids' longest car ride yet.

Today's brilliant ideas?

I printed maps from the internet and inserted them into their composition notebooks, aptly named Gatlinburg Journal (I'm creative, huh?).  I printed a map for each state that we'll drive through.  When the kids ask where we are, I can tell them to look at their maps.  They can follow where we're at.  They can learn some city names.  I'm pretty sure Oldest kid will love this.

I had gotten a bunch of stickers from the dollar store a while.  And by a bunch, I mean 2000.  Yay, $2!  I separated out the stickers into 4 envelopes.  Two kids, each will get an envelope on the trip down to Gatlinburg and another envelope with different stickers on the way home.  Similar stickers, but different for each leg of the trip.

I'm going to keep things on reserve for the trip home, to keep things fresh and keep them entertained.  I hope.  I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment