Thursday, July 17, 2014

Raspberry Freezer Jam

It's raspberry season in the back yard.  Raspberry jam is actually what started me preserving food.  I joke that Freezer Jam was my gateway drug.  If you've seen all of my canning recipes and thought I was crazy, here's your chance at something easy.  This recipe is from Ball.


Freezer Jam

You will need:
  • 4 cups crushed fruit (berries, apricots, grapes, pears, plums, or other tender fruit)
  • 1 1/2 cups of sugar
  • 5+ Tbsp Ball Real Fruit Instant Pectin (I typically need a bit more to get the right jam texture)
What to do:
  • Stir sugar and pectin in a bowl.
  • Add berries, stir 3 min
  • Ladle jam into clean jars to fill line.  Twist on lids.  Let stand until thickened, about 30 min.
Serve immediately, refrigerate, or freeze up to 1 year.

No comments:

Post a Comment