Sunday, October 19, 2014

Board Games

I love to play games, always have.  I have fond memories of playing Risk in our pop-up as a kid with my family.  My kids enjoy games, too, and I love that my kids are old enough to play games beyond Candyland.  I certainly enjoyed Candyland when they were 3, but I'm glad to have moved it to the basement.


As I have started clearing things out of the camper for the winter, the games come into the house and join our other games.  Inevitably, we'll want to play them some time during our snowy months.

Cribbage is mostly for Husband and I to play on rainy nights after the kids are in bed.  We have played it with the kids, but they still need lots of help.  It's a card game with a board for keeping score.

Pentago was a new addition to our collection this year.  It's a 2 player game where you try to get 5 marbles in a row.  Think of Connect 4 or Tic Tac Toe with a literal twist in the game, as you twist a quadrant of the board at the end of your turn.  It's simple and fun, deserving the awards it's received in my opinion.

We have the kids version of Sequence, but it's nice to have moved up to the full version of Sequence.  You use playing cards to attempt to get 5 in a row on the board or to block other players.

My kids love Clue.  We just happen to have The Simpsons version.  Youngest Kid still needs a bit of help, but we have fun playing it.  And when the game is done, the kids will just play with the figurines and make whole story lines.

Sorry, a classic.  Always fun to bump another player back to their Start.

We also have Monopoly in the camper.  I got two games of Monopoly when my uncle died, not sure why.  One board just stays in the camper.  I've thought about getting a new one that has electronic banking so that money can't fly away in the breeze while on a camping trip.  But when we already have two boards, it's hard to justify paying for a 3rd.

The games have moved inside.  Come spring, I'll have the kids help pick out the board games for Camping Season 2015.  I'm always a bit surprised by what they pick.

Here are my posts about Card Games and Outdoor Games

No comments:

Post a Comment