Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Bob's Crab Puffs

For our upcoming Halloween camping trip, our group decided to do an appetizer lunch on Saturday before trick-or-treating.  One of my contributions is this recipe.  I love that I can premake it and freeze it.  I'll heat them up in the oven in the camper and serve.  I've made it countless times and it's always a big hit.

Sidenote: I don't know the Bob that created this recipe.  This is a distinction to be made for those that know me IRL.
Ready to freeze

What you need:

  • 1 package English Muffins
  • 1 can (4.25 oz) crab meat, drained
  • 1 small jar Kraft Old English Cheese Spread
  • 1 stick butter, softened
  • 2 T. mayonnaise
  • 2 drops Tabasco Sauce
What to do:

Slice each English Muffin in half (or just separate, depends on which brand you buy).  Cut each half into quarters.  Mix remaining ingredients.  Spread mixture on the cut English Muffins.  Freeze.  Once thoroughly frozen, put in a large plastic bag until ready to serve.  Thaw, place in oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.  

Of course, you can skip the freezing step if you prefer to have them sooner.

Another sidenote: I've been questioned on the Old English Cheese Spread.  When I shopped at Kroger years ago, I'd find it in the non-refrigerated cheese section, by the Velveeta.  I now shop at Meijer and I find it in the refrigerated cheese section, near the Cracker Barrel cheese spreads.  To help you out, you can have a picture to help in visual recognition.


No comments:

Post a Comment