Saturday, September 20, 2014

Tailgating: Time to raid the camper

The season of fall is the season of football.  This family cheers for the MSU Spartans (but really, we'll cheer for UofM, too, as long as they're not playing MSU).  And, being really honest, if my kids get into UofM and decide to go there down the road, I'd be a proud Wolverine Mom.

We went to the EMU vs. MSU football game today.  We signed the kids up for the Junior Spartan program.  For a little bit of money, they get tickets to a football game for the family, t-shirts, free admittance to most MSU sports, and more.  It's really a nice program.  This is our 2nd year doing it and I think it's worthwhile.

ANYWAY...  What does this football nonsense have to do with camping?

The perfect stuff for a tailgate lives in the camper.  Paper plates, napkins, individual chip bags, plasticware, Solo cups (ok, not really, mine are Meijer brand), water bottles, juice pouches, condiments, cooler.  All of it lives in the camper.  All of it is perfect for a tailgate.

I spent my morning raiding the camper for the tailgate items.

The game started at 12 pm.  We got to our parking spot around 10 am.  Discussing adult beverages with my friend Jenn, we weren't feeling the desire to drink beer at that time.  She mentioned bringing apple cider.  I mentioned adding a little bit of vanilla vodka.  Jenn gave it a positive review and I think it was a nice little something for a morning tailgate.

In case you're wondering, the Spartans won 76-14.


No comments:

Post a Comment